Wednesday, October 8, 2008

to burn for something...

lately I have been feeling a little left out of life
It seems programmed you know, grow up, get a job and a wife...
but this living is not living...
what is living if I don't yearn for something ?
I am alive only If I burn for something...
consumed in passion for that one quest
I want to be washed away in that tempest
yet my anchors don't loosen so I can't give it all
I can run to the edge but am still afraid to fall
what I burn for has to be the purest of the pure
anything lower I cannot endure
The hardest journey, the darkest places
the most feared, the most cruel faces
burning my hopes, my dreams, my desires,
burning in this biggest and hottest of all fires,
being burnt beyond the last of my excuses
After that truth triumphs, everything else refuses
to exist and then there is freedom complete
engorged on infinite peace I will be replete...
After I am gone, when this image is lost
you know they might say "
yes he was a fool who yearned for something
impossibly hard to get, still he burned for something.."

4 comments:

shilpa said...

Very nicely written Ashwin!!!
Often it does feel like a passion for something ,is what gives life its meaning.But,important to remember,is nurturing that passion once you have it...and recognizing you have it at all.Doing nothing about something that you care about ,frustrates even more!

Chitra Panikar said...

very nice..ya its actually the passion for something dat makes your survival meaningful...you have written it very nicely and ofcourse with all ur heart.....
gud!!!!

Mukta said...

Ah! Liked this one. The idea of an all-consuming passion and the quest for perfection in every form...a hint of an idealist in there somewhere. It would be wonderful indeed if everything you do is done because of your passion. But along the way of a single-minded passion its important to notice all the small little pleasures of everyday life too...
Thought provoking post though...keep em coming!

Rhuta said...

The poem is beautiful!! This one and also Stranger in a Strange Land. But from the poems in the blog, I liked this one the best..
The poem is written quite nicely but more than that it's the idea behind it!
Hope you truly find something worthwhile to burn for. :)
P.S.- That sounds cheesy but I mean it..!

About Me

My photo
just your regular guy who dreams too much. i read a lot don't remember it all though.. swim, trek, yoga.. think and read more.. that about sums it up..