Sunday, October 5, 2008

Stranger in a Strange land...

Looking at the world
through clouded glasses
Seeing boundaires & worries,
small worlds, one for each
Worlds collide, yet none change,
Why ? I do not understand
it seems i am..
A Stranger in a Strange land

Charted territory, a patchwork of maps
No rhyme no reason but rife with gaps
people too happy or too scared to step out
of their patch and reach with their hand...

Being 'practical' is glorifying
but are just instincts of survival !!
being 'emotinal' seems horrifying
so reason begins to unravel
I see al this & I see its end
they don't heed me,
have blinkers on my friend
I say,
Step out and see, just take my hand
but .. who will follow
A Stranger in a Strange land ?

People tell me ' why look outside ?'
'just stay in your patch and prosper'
I say' building towers within walls, to see farther away,
is a rule of cowardice I will always betray'
I don't understand the world nor do I expect it to understand me
Yet I accept the world, so why does It not accept me ?

I speak of this and carry ' fool' as my brand
Inspite of being right..
I guess I really am
A Stranger in a Strange land...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm well put! i also think u need a change in your settings

Mukta said...

oh..so is this a comment on prejudices or narrow outlooks or the complete absence of a sense of adventure or what?

Prashant said...

Wow Bro! You in the mood for introspection!! Go deep!!

cheers

shilpa said...

great job!...
Very thought-provoking!

It is hard to leave a 'safe'path,to break out of a said mold,to go headfirst into the unknown..but there is no substitute!
Take heart...there may be more 'strangers' , than you think!

About Me

My photo
just your regular guy who dreams too much. i read a lot don't remember it all though.. swim, trek, yoga.. think and read more.. that about sums it up..