Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The bubble that won't break....

Irridiscent colors a raging storm
all hated, all loved, all mine
had a feel of the void, so this burrowing worm
tries to crawl out, out of time
seeing it all, knowing its fake
I still am trapped..
in a bubble that won't break

Am told faith and guru is strength untold
that I should believe and I will behold
the glorious truth that is out there
everytime, everyplace, everywhere and nowhere
But how will I, who won't believe in me ?
ever believe a guru and ever be free ?
Screaming in silence, in this world so fake
I still am trapped...
in the bubble that won't break

The wrongs of me, the chains of my faults
suffering from self righteousness, unforgiving
begging for mercy, kept locked in vaults
not moving on to continue living
What do I do now, how long will it take ?
to be free of..
this bubble that won't break

If its just a bubble then why should I care ?
Just drop it all, stand naked and win ?
Why is it that I cannot dare
to drop all masks, stand happily and grin ?
contemplating death, a stupid way out
another wall within, the void still without
Is this really the way to be ?
and what really is at stake ?
that I still choose to be
in this bubble that won't break ?

6 comments:

Chitra Panikar said...

after reading dis one i feel poems r really nice...but i liked stranger in a strange land...whenever i read ur poem....i always feel u write it with full emotions....so either u r very happy or sad...maybe am wrong...but dats wat i feel...
but they r truely very nice....

Unknown said...

hi i personally feel that it is smthing like a PUPATION phase , jus like a pupa undergoes a radicle change to become a butterfly ,similarly i feel that this may seem to b the case wit u .bt i like the urge 4 change that u expressed in ur poem.gud job .

WildMagic said...

so here is my response to all three poems. I empathize with you, but I won't bother to show it be rephrasing and paraphrasing your words...because better minds than mine have already done it.

Have you heard of James Kavanaugh? One particular poem of his is really poignant for me.. you can read it at http://www.gaia.com/quotes/James_Kavanaugh

Prashant said...

Fantastic! Kudos!!

The central theme of this poem, Introspection, is an awfully painful task. The pain emerges in a fluid manner! Jiyo bhai jiyo!!

shilpa said...

Very nicely written!!!

It focuses nicely on introspection..but also on how ,despite knowing how to break free of this binding..perhaps we don't really want to?

pooja said...

Wow Dada!! loved your trilogy!! i guess many of us do identify with the central theme in all three.Atleast i do:) but i liked this one the most.

About Me

My photo
just your regular guy who dreams too much. i read a lot don't remember it all though.. swim, trek, yoga.. think and read more.. that about sums it up..