Thursday, February 5, 2009

A slice of my life...

monotonous days monochrome nights
dead end ways and feeble lights
playing games online and alone
sinning by not working and scared to atone

Avoiding questions, a skill newly found
I have few results but excuses abound
reasons to admit to oneself, reasons for illness
cannot admit to myself this is stagnation not stillness

burning to work yet cannot find the seed
to unravel this mess a thread is all I need
what happened to me ? I could always see the way
I guess I lack the will now to make this world sway

Cannot even complain as I have run out of reasons
I have blamed all things, even the turning of seasons
for things that happened and things that did not
for things I should have done and thoughts I should have thought

plodding through the day without action or thought
for my life, for my goals, an intellectual drought
sitting alone at home I don't want to step out
I even stopped bothering what is happening without

what is this apathy I don't even feel sad
I have stopped evaluating, don't even know what I had
What it feels like to do an honest days work
forgotten long ago and am living like a jerk...

2 comments:

Mukta said...

finally a poem of yours that i really understood in the first reading! tremendously honest!
perhaps u need to just chuck what u r doing and do something else entirely...works wonders.
me, i guess am lucky...have a great group of people here and a multitude of activities so recharging is not a problem. but guess what u r writing about is not just the "dunno where i am going" but also the more troubling "don't care either" bit.
apart from that this poem actually has a rhythm, so its nice in terms of not just the thoughts but also the construction.

Unknown said...

Hey man...you're starting to scare me a bit. the dont care bit is worrying. I'm not in pune else i would've gone with you for a nice ride somewhere. DO something. Writing poems bout being useless does nothing but somehow promotes being useless. I speak out of experience! Take care dude, Aprotim was talkin bout u recently.

About Me

My photo
just your regular guy who dreams too much. i read a lot don't remember it all though.. swim, trek, yoga.. think and read more.. that about sums it up..