Thursday, December 21, 2006

An attempt at a Haiku...

I am not sure of a what a Haiku should be... 3 lines or 4. All i know is that there should be 24 symbols i think..
This the first haiku i have written... it may not be very clear but i think that is what makes a good haiku.. one can interpret it as one wants but only one matches the authors. If you can understand this haiku please leave comments.. not for me to judge the correctness but for me to know how to write more clearly.
I wrote this haiku after doing a Bhava Spanda program offered by Isha yoga at coimbatore.. for those who want to know what that is.. please goto their site
I will give only one clue, it is at a big turning point in my life... :

The first step...

The long road streatches ahead
the ends lost in darkness
another intersects, exactly so
I stand, pondering my ignorance

Both lead to bliss
one long, the other long
one easy now, one easy later
I pause, questioning my will

Love relinquished for universality
Reason surrendered for bliss
Love pursued for emotional needs
Reason used for new feats

I am the guide
I am the wanderer
I no longer look back
I stop, smile and walk on...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice !!
-Meghana

Rishikesh said...

Chhan ahe ho :)

shilpa said...

Firstly i liked the simplicity of the whole thing,the words mean a lot without being long!the poem has just enough words...am not sure how else to put tht!!..and i like the fact tht its open to interpretation...at the end of the day each makes his own way!

BAIN said...

well i think its about making decisions. How complex it can be and yet so simple. And in the end what matters is not what decision you took but only you.

What say you?

Abishek Murthy said...

u drunk???

Prashant said...

What I like here:
1. The 'poem' is open. One can really go on in making one interpretation after another; sort of build stories, speculate. So it is interactive.
2. It is short and sweet.

What I don't like:
1. The 'ends lost in darkness' signifies that end is unknown or hidden even to the 'poet'. In the next stanza poet makes a firm statement that 'both lead to bliss'; which implies that 'bliss' is the 'end' of the 'road'. These two opinions by the poet are inconsistent coming as they are in the poem.

On a more general note:
Spell check is needed!!

Anonymous said...

i loved the contradictions and i like the style.

my interpretation? a perceived dichotomy between a new love and the present love of life as it is YOURS now....

Chaitali... said...

a wonderfully open ended poem...open to interpretation..
nice!

About Me

My photo
just your regular guy who dreams too much. i read a lot don't remember it all though.. swim, trek, yoga.. think and read more.. that about sums it up..